The Glory of God the Creator and Redeemer January 8, 2017
Introduction: The Book of Revelation is:
- For the Church, a Revelation of Jesus Christ, and given by God through the Apostle John.
- A Revelation (apocalypse), a Prophecy, and a Letter.
I. The Glory of God the Creator
- There is a throne in Heaven, and it's not empty.
- Everything in John's vision (gemstones, 24 elders, 7 spirits, sea of glass, 4 living creatures) is intended to enhance the glory of the throne and the One seated on it.
II. The Glory of God the Redeemer
- The scene opens with a crisis.
- John turns to see the Lion, but instead sees a slain Lamb.
- History is under God's control and the Father has appointed his Son to bring it to its proper conclusion.
- The Book of Revelation is a "call to faith." Living by faith is the great difficulty in being a Christian.
- The Christian Philosophy of History.